[wp-hackers] pingomatic problem?

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Fri Feb 3 21:43:09 GMT 2006

Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
|  Scott Merrill wrote:
|  > Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
C:\Inetpub\[website
|  > name]\wp-includes\class-IXR.php on line 513
|
|  I saw this in an error log a few days ago but had no idea what it
did.
|  A while ago when I clicked Publish I started getting white screens
but
|  the post was being published to the blog. No obvious cause and a
forum
|  search showed this was happening back in 1.2.x
|  I just removed the pingomatic link and made 3 test posts which went
|  through much faster than my posts had been doing. I also got no white
|  screen. Put pingomatic back - 15 seconds to publish + white screen.

I've been getting connection timeouts on one of my blogs, the post is
published though!! and I've been picking the brains of the host thinking
that its something on my server!! :(

gotta try removing pingomatic from the "update services", though its the
only one there!!

but a reply from one of the guys would be quite cool. matt?