[wp-hackers] Friendly plugin URL entrypoints?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:24:47 GMT 2006

On 2/3/06, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:

> It's good to know that at least one other person has a plugin that might
> benefit from a standard way to handle these entry points.

Have another. I've been toying with a something that modifies rewrite
rules. It doesn't have to be a whole lot of code.

> Do you think a standard set of functions to handle this (and a standard
> place in a site's URL scheme to house them) would be useful?

Depends. How many people will install plugins that need it? Probably
not. If the API is sufficient, it probably won't change.

It sounds to me like you have the beginnings of a great plugin
toolkit. Any plugin distro could include the toolkit or just say it's
required and provide the URL. You'd have to create a spec for
dependent plugin authors, that's all.

Andy