[wp-hackers] Development for 2.next

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Fri Feb 3 21:02:18 GMT 2006

Doug Stewart wrote:
> Pete Prodoehl wrote:
>> Hasn't Drupal had a cron-like thing forever? Any Drupal hackers here?
>> Would it be worth looking at what they did?
>
> Yes, they do.  It's called "cron.php" and you (wait for it) set up a
> cron job to run it at regular intervals.
>
> Not quite what we're looking for here, IMNSHO.

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking of this:

   http://drupal.org/project/poormanscron

"A module which runs the Drupal cron operations without needing the cron
application. For every page view, this module checks to see if the last
cron run was more than 1 hour ago (this period is configurable). If so,
the cron hooks are executed, and Drupal is happy. These cron hooks fire
after all HTML is returned to the browser, so the user who kicks off the
cron jobs should not notice any delay."

Pete