[wp-hackers] Development for 2.next

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Feb 3 13:50:22 GMT 2006

David House wrote:
> On 03/02/06, Scott johnson <fuzzygroup at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I do think that this type of "psuedo cron" approach would work well and be
>> very generically useful.
>
> That's how WP-Cron works. To be honest, I don't see any reason why we
> can't just merge that plugin into the core.

One thing I've advocated is that there be a direct URL in WP-Cron for
wget'ing it from a real cron.  This would allow for reliable execution
that doesn't potentially delay any site output.  It would still work the
same way, executing hooks based on preset intervals, but it could be
made to do it more regularly.

Owen