[wp-hackers] Bizarre /cache/ experience with wp_object_cache.lock

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Fri Feb 3 10:29:40 GMT 2006

On Feb 3, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Michel Valdrighi wrote:

> what if there
> were a check done in addition to is_writable(), to see if the first
> time we try to cache something it really works? If the result of the
> test is negative, revert to memory store.

Sounds good to me.  Only thing is that we'll have to create an option
for it... and that'll add a query to every page (as it will be run
before you grab the options from the object cache or do the autoload
options query).  And the option will probably have to have an
interface to change it, in case someone fixes the situation with
safe_mode.

I still would like to know what was up with my situation (no
safe_mode, wp-content was writable)... oh well.
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/