[wp-hackers] Mike Little's Blog...

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Fri Dec 22 07:50:08 GMT 2006

SimplePie:  http://simplepie.org/

> The Magpie project really shouldn't die out - the original codebase is
> excellent. Why coud improve it in the WP core, and then submit patches
> to the original project you know...

MagpieRSS seems to give up too easily on parsin a feed.  I'm not sure
if that's more PHP's fault than MagpieRSS's, but that's one of the
issues I have with it.

I think I've heard a few other projects talking about SimplePie as well,
but off the top of my head I can only name Gregarius.  The Gregarius
devs have already made changes to their copy of MagpieRSS, and before I
switched to using Gregarius, I used their MagpieRSS in my own projects
to improve feed parsing.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--