[wp-hackers] Archiving the mail list

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Mon Dec 4 07:07:04 GMT 2006

___/ On Mon 04 Dec 2006 05:40:05 GMT, [ Andy Beard ] wrote : \___

> Viper007Bond-3 wrote:
>>
>> I believe someone here signed this list up for that, probably Andy Beard <
>> list.andy at gmail.com> since he's been posting to the list from that site.
>>

> I actually came across Nabble on Google while searching for something, the
> content was already being listed here. It wasn't me who submitted the list
> to be included here.
>
> I find it a convenient way to post to the list, and read it in a threaded
> manner.
>
> They have a convenient search, and I also get notification of replies to my
> posts.
>
> There is also a test group on groups.google.com, though that seems to be
> read only.

CG  has  also added dodgeit.com [1]. Some people don't  mind
replication.  The  mailman archives make it clear  that  the
list is open to public viewing (albeit not everyone is aware
of  this... think UseNet posters in the 80's... those unable
to  foresee  Deja News and G2, which to some was  a  privacy
timebomb).

As regards mirrors, this discussion is similar to that which
related  to  UseNet.  See Brad Templeton's  famous  page  on
copyrights.

Best wishes,

Roy

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-November/009452.html

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E