[wp-hackers] Missing Preview and Edit Links on the Write Post Page

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 22:47:30 GMT 2006

Back in October the write page preview and edit links, which make it
easy to toggle between the writing textarea and the preview,
disappeared from trunk.  When someone asked Matt why they disappeared
[1], his response was this, I think:

"I was removing the headings entirely as they seemed a bit redundant.
I'm not crazy about how the preview works currently, but I haven't
figured out the best way to improve it." [2]

Well, I'm guessing from the recent trac activity that there's going to
be a freeze on new features going into 2.1, but there hasn't been any
improved preview functionality.  Instead, we've just lost those
convenient links, which keep one from having to
scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll down to the preview then
scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll back up.

Can we restore the links?  Or at least can someone explain the
benefits of their removal?

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-October/009036.html
[2] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-October/009049.html