[wp-hackers] 5 minutes to a faster blog

Rob Sanheim rsanheim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 18:41:06 GMT 2006

On 12/1/06, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to denigrate these tips, but you should have titled that "5 minutes to a
> faster SELF-HOSTED blog".  Last I checked, Dreamhost won't let me implement
> ANY of the suggestions made above.
>
> So maybe we need another set of tips for hosted sites...

I know dreamhost can be very cheap, as I have some insane $12/year
plan there.  However, if you want a "real" host w/o going dedicated
consider a VPS.  You get full root access, you can install and tweak
all you want, and the price is decent.  I use rimuhosting and I love
it (http://www.rimuhosting.com), but I've also heard good things about
slicehost (http://www.slicehost.com/).

A typical plan that will do wordpress with power to spare will be $20/month.

- rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com
http://www.seekingalpha.com