[wp-hackers] 5 minutes to a faster blog

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Fri Dec 1 15:23:21 GMT 2006

Re-activate gzip. Longer generation times, but the user will see the page
faster in most cases as it loads a hell of a lot faster.

Compare page filesizes with this tool:
http://www.whatsmyip.org/mod_gzip_test/

I have it off on my blog though 'cause it takes ages for a page to be
generated and downloaded if it has a couple hundred comments (which many of
my plugins do). Even on REALLY fast server. :/

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/