[wp-hackers] web2x: new plugin for semantic publishing

AJ Chen canovaj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:59:12 GMT 2006

I finally released web2x version 0.1, a plugin for wordpress that adds
semantic publishing features geared toward the research community. Thanks
for everyone who answered my questions on this list, particularly Mark.

A demo installation is at http://web2express.org/demo/.
You can try the new features there - publish any research or product info.

http://web2express.org is a real world example of using the web2x publishing
tool, where I have just started to self-publish my experiments in semantic
web research.

web2x publishing software is an open source project on sourceforge.net,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/web2x/.  I would like to invite anyone
who's interested in making an impact on  the upcoming revolution in
scientific publishing to join the open source development.

This tool is one of many pieces required to create a new scientific
publishing model.
Another piece is open ontology standards, for which I'm engaged in a
w3c task force <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ScientificPublishingTaskForce>
to develop.
Wordpress is a great foundation for testing new semantic publishing
ideas. If you are excited
by the potential of semantic web, please let me know.

cheers,
AJ

--
AJ Chen, PhD