[wp-hackers] Looking for a template tag ...

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 08:46:55 GMT 2006

paul booker wrote:
> I am looking for a template tag that  lists all blog authors
> registered on a
> wordpress installation but i can't see anything defined under
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/list_authors ?
>
> What i would like to acheive (the bigger picture) is to have a block
> in the
> right panel which lists all blog authors  with links to page which lists
> all posts made by the author with any attributed comments

That is what list_authors allows you to achieve.

Something like the following in the sidebar.php of your theme should get
you what you want:

            <li><h2>Authors</h2>
                <ul>
                <?php list_authors(FALSE,FALSE,); ?>
                </ul>
            </li>

> As this only day 2 for me in using wordpress any guidance from you guys
> would be very much appreciated.

Your questions will be better and quicker answered if you post on the
support forum - http://wordpress.org/support/

This list is more about core WordPress development than developing a
site with WordPress.

westi
--
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk