[wp-hackers] Help needed with two issues on established WP install

Vogel, Andrew (vogelap) VOGELAP at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Aug 24 18:25:22 GMT 2006

Thanks for helping out so far, Jamie. I really do appreciate your
assistance!

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for in
the rewrite log file, so I've posted the whole thing from both the
working site (56K) and non-working (84K) configurations.

Here's what I did...

* I enabled the rewrite log on my functioning site and visited the main
page and one article. The results of that test are here:
http://www.drewvogel.com/apache_rewrite_working.txt

Then, I...
* Went to http://www.drewvogel.com/wp-admin/options.php and removed the
"/index.php" from the permalink_structure line and click the "Update
Settings" button.

* "service httpd restart" to restart Apache.

* I visited the main page and one article. The results of that test are
here: http://www.drewvogel.com/apache_rewrite_broken.txt. I received a
non-WP 404 when attempting to view the article.

On (an exciting) side note, I went back to
http://www.drewvogel.com/wp-admin/options.php, re-added the "/index.php"
to the permalink_structure field, clicked "Update Settings", and did
"service httpd restart" and my site worked again -- I didn't need to
roll it back from the database backup! That's progress, I suppose!

Please let me know how to proceed from here.

-andrew vogel
Manager of Professional Programs
University of Cincinnati
College of Pharmacy