[wp-hackers] Help needed with two issues on established WP install

Charles lists06 at wiltgen.net
Thu Aug 24 03:49:15 GMT 2006

> <self_promotion> The other instance where keeping "fancy" permalinks
> permanent is up to you is with editing of the post slug, after
> publishing a post. Normally that'd break the old link.
> I wrote a plugin [1] to address that.

You are my new hero!  I've been loading up my .htaccess file with redirects,
so I'm going to try this out ASAP.

This is clearly something that should be part of WordPress proper.  Yes,
everything can be optional, but (in the same way that Linux distributions
don't just consist of the Linux kernel) not everything should be an option.

-- Charles