[wp-hackers] Re: Request new function: get_plugininfo()

Sean Hickey seanhickey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 16:28:46 GMT 2006

> Is there also a function to get info about OTHER plugins. E.g.
> get_plugininfo('fooPlugin', 'version'). I consider to write a plugin,
> which depends on other plugins and maybe a specific version of this
> other plugin. Is there a way to find out?

I don't know about version, but when I write a plugin that works with
another plugin, I check for the existence of a function or class
that's unique to that plugin.  Example: If you want to know if
Ultimate Tag Warrior is installed, you could do this:

if (class_exists('UltimateTagWarriorCore')) $utw_installed = true;

- Sean
--
http://www.headzoo.com