[wp-hackers] SimplePie in WP

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Sat Aug 19 10:00:32 GMT 2006

___/ On Fri 18 Aug 2006 01:53:37 BST, [ Robin Adrianse ] wrote : \___

> On 8/17/06, Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a quick questions about putting the two together: should I keep
>> the fetch_rss(), wp_rss() and get_rss() functions (the latter two
>> aren't actually called anywhere)?

[Looking at nightly /]

roy at BAINE:~/public_html/wordpress> grep -R wp_rss *
wp-includes/rss.php:function wp_rss ($url, $num) {
roy at BAINE:~/public_html/wordpress> grep -R get_rss *
wp-includes/rss.php:function get_rss ($uri, $num = 5) { // Like get
posts, but for RSS

Seems like they may be deprecated. The Codex might shed some light on this.

> I take it SimplePie = http://simplepie.org/?
>
> Well, I'd say make new functions then just have the fetch_rss(), wp_rss()
> and get_rss() functions act as "aliases" to the new functions... just make
> sure the functionality/arguments are the same...

I wonder if SimplePie is somehow related to MagPie RSS. While I don't
know what you try to achieve, if you want to plug in a feed, why not
just redirect all requests to the feeds?

>> Oh, and is anyone gonna put a log of last night's meetup on the codex?

It usually gets pasted into the Wiki. The archive seemed complete the
last time I looked. *smile*

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E