[wp-hackers] Functionality Issue With Dropdown_Cats

trd at ntsshow.com trd at ntsshow.com
Thu Aug 17 16:00:22 GMT 2006

Hello,

I want to use <?php dropdown_cats; ?> in my sidebar where it shows only
the children_of a category.

When I use this code

<form action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF ?>" method="get">
<?php dropdown_cats(); ?>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="view" />
</form>

it lists all the categories I have and this is not what I want. Before I started
trying to use dropdown_cats I used wp_list_cats with the "chidren_of"
function on my sidebar to limit what categories where displayed on a
particular page. For example, on my homepage the categories on the
sidebar where Movies, TV, Sports, & News. When you clicked on Movies
you went to the movie page and the sidebar changed to display only the
"children_of" the Movies category which looked something like this:
American Pie, Hook, No Way Out, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Tombstone,
etc.

So my question is can I get this same functionality with dropdown_cats? It
seems it should be possible but I just can't seems to figure it out.