[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1 (sandbox)

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 19:44:06 GMT 2006

I've made some progress in porting k2 to Sandbox. I'm just about done with
the home page, and starting to nibble at the rest. There's still a fair
chunk of work to go, actually, but some major progress has been made.

I think things are looking pretty good on IE and Firefox. I'll check Safari
when I get home. I'm taking a long route and porting all of the CSS over bit
by bit, so hopefully there would be less CSS there for Sandbox beginners to
worry about customizing if they wanted to use this as a base.

This is kind of fun for me because I've been thinking of making a "k2 lite"
for myself for a while. So, this is killing two birds with one stone, I
suppose.

If you're interested, have a look:

http://www.almosteffortless.com/sandbox/wordpress/
http://www.almosteffortless.com/sandbox/wordpress/wp-content/themes/sandbox/skins/2c-r-k2-tabs.css

This version shows the k2 style Tabs, which can be disabled just by turning
off the Global Navigation option in the CSS header. Thanks to Scott and the
guy that made mirkwood for that. It doesn't work just exactly like k2 given
the markup that Sandbox produces, but it's pretty close.

I'd welcome any suggestions at all from you CSS support gurus out there.

- Trevor