[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Charles lists06 at wiltgen.net
Mon Aug 7 19:48:03 GMT 2006

>> See the recent "'For the rest of us' Theme" thread for some good
>> discussion on this :)
>
> To me, that thread is an entirely different discussion, on how to
> make a theme that should not go into the core. Its an interesting
> concept, no doubt, but I have doubts as to how complete it will be,
> and I think that the whole thing is too much bloat for the core.

Well, which is it?  Incomplete, or too bloated?   :^)

Seriously, the theme I'm working on is for the average user.  If it isn't elegant and tight I certainly wouldn't use it or expect anyone else to.

A "theme for themers" (as Rob put it) is a very worthwhile thing for theme /developers/, but not for theme /users/.  Today you have to be a web development super-genius to get a WordPress blog that looks unique, and that shouldn't be the case.

-- Charles