[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:50:22 GMT 2006

I'm not a fan of Kubrick as a default theme either, but the real issue for a
beginning theme maker isn't the issue of background images or fixed widths,
it's the learning curve on the (WP) code.  IHMO, until a group of coders and
designers join forces to write a theme that is up-to-date in clean,
commented code, with simple semantic markup, there's no sense in changing
the "default" theme.

I came into both XHTML and WP at the introduction of 1.5, and thus Kubrick,
and all my learning came from dissecting that.  It's both a great starting
point, as well as a hindrance, again, IMO, but people will find fault with
most themes.

I'd be 100% committed to collaborating with others to take on such an
endeavor, and would love to see the skills of some one like Phu Ly involved,
as well as Mark Jaquith.  No slight to anyone else not mentioned.

Just my 2¢.

~miklb