[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 17:24:32 GMT 2006

As we grow nearer to the 2.1 release, I feel the need to bring this
topic up once again. I think that we need a new default theme for WP
2.1. Not only is that a nice new feature to list, but for people who
are new to WordPress, we need a theme that can be easily modified via
CSS, something that users can actually learn from, instead of the mess
that Kubrick (and Kubrick 2 even more) is.

I think we need to include a theme without the silly fixed-width image
basis that Kubrick currently has. There are countless questions on how
to change background colors, how to change the width of the default
theme, and they are questions that nobody wants to answer because
kubrick is a mess and a pain to customize. So basically, we need an
XHTML and CSS compliant theme that makes sense, semantically as well
as to someone new to CSS trying to customize it.

Right now, I have no particular theme in mind, and so I ask you all
for your opinion on replacing Kubrick as the default theme as well as
what the replacement should be.

--
--Robert Deaton