[wp-hackers] RE: A quick update on the security issue I'd mentionedtoday

Ryan Duff ryan at ryanduff.net
Mon Apr 24 16:54:08 GMT 2006

Brian Layman wrote:
> Sigh.... sorry all...
>
> That meant for security at word press... I don't suppose a list admin can
> delete this from the public journal?
>
> SMACKS HEAD REPEATEDLY

There is a way to do this that involves taking down the mail services
(all messages will bounce for a few minutes) finding the message ID and
clearing the content of that file. Then reloading this that and the
other and starting the mail services again. I think it takes about 5-10
minutes to do, and can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

But yes, it is doable.

--
Ryan Duff
http://ryanduff.net