[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Rob Mientjes robmientjes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:07:29 GMT 2006

On 24/04/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/06, Evan Broder <wp at ebroder.net> wrote:
> > Owen Winkler wrote:
> > > Does this look reasonable in Safari?  That's where I hear there are
> > > problems, though I haven't looked at it there myself yet.
> > All buttons are styled as buttons in Safari, regardless of what the CSS
> > says. You get pretty looking Aqua buttons for Edit and Delete and a link
> > for View. The solution is probably to make all 3 buttons.
>
> Which brings up my original point, this is not a cross browser
> solution to make the UI look standard across browsers and consistant
> within itself.

I don't see this as a problem. When I look at Andrew's mock-up in
Safari (as I watch every web thing, really), I see the distinction
between View and Edit and Delete. Maybe Edit could still be GET, but
Delete in its inherent nature as a destructive action deserves visual
distinction, in my eyes.

I don't call this a Safari problem, to respond to Owen. It's, for me
at least, distinction I care about.

-Rob.