[wp-hackers] Security at Wordpress

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Mon Apr 24 14:54:01 GMT 2006

Mike Little wrote:
> You've really got a bee in your bonnet about this one, haven't you. Is
> all this aggression necessary?

What irks me is that we've got one or two folks who want to see
something implemented for what seems like purely academic reasons, and
they don't care to contribute beyond offering their opinions.  They
aren't convincing with why their ideas are better than what code has
already been produced, and they aren't coding anything on their own that
they are willing to offer to the community.  You're right - I shouldn't
be giving this discussion the time of day.

> If you want to protest about using POST, then do so for the right reasons.

It's nice when we can apply the standards practically.

I find little practical use for the proposed sweeping changes to POST
actions, since the only gain we would make is tenuous standards support,
which according to the excerpts you provided, we already achieve.

Owen