[wp-hackers] Officially supported browsers. was: Security at Wordpress

Andrew Krespanis leftjustified at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 05:53:29 GMT 2006

On 4/24/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> My list for work includes:
> IE 5, IE 6, IE 7
> Firefox 1.0.x, 1.5.x (and 0.8.x is preferred)
> Safari 1.2.x and 2.0.x
> Konquerer (whichever version ships with the latest or 2nd-newest KDE release)
> Opera 8 and 9 (and 7 is preferred)
> And an accessibility test with links or lynx (although, I'm not sure
> that'll be neccessary here).

Thanks for your input Robert, but I'm actually after an official WP
document outlining which browsers the product fully and partially
supports (partial support meaning some CSS niggles allowed).

I noticed your list excludes IEmac; I wonder if WP also excludes this
now dead browser? oh damn, just noticed WP still serves CSS to
Netscape 4?! Maybe I should post a trac item to have <link
media='screen' changed to media='screen,projection' in the default
style so as to block NN4 from choking on the CSS...
..heck, maybe we should change the defazUlt CSS import method to
/* \*/
@import 'style.css';
/*  */

..and block IEmac along with NN4 (does Kubrickdisplay correctly in
IEmac? I'm assuming it does, but what about wp-admin?)

-Andrew