[wp-hackers] AJAX / JS libraries

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 21:39:25 GMT 2006

On 4/23/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm iffy on the thought of Scriptaculous. Scriptaculous is relatively
> huge, and after the addition of TinyMCE I'm not sure if we should be
> willing to add another huge chunk of javascript. I personally would
> like to see something like moo.fx, which is beautiful and tiny (3KB)

Scriptaculous isn't going to be necessary. When Brothercake's dbx [1]
is updated with the things I need for Widgets, I'll probably stop
using Scriptaculous. In combination with your suggestion of moo.fx [2]
I think we'd have enough features to drop Scriptaculous.

I actually had a blind guy who blogs about braille ask me how to move
the widgets without a mouse. Brothercake's scripts are 100% keyboard
accessible.

Andy

[1] http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/dbx/
[2] http://moofx.mad4milk.net/