[wp-hackers] XSL for feeds

Lee Kelleher leekelleher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:26:26 GMT 2006

On 11/04/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/10/06, Andrew Krespanis <leftjustified at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I must be missing something here... does IE not support styling of XML
> with CSS?
>
> I'm not sure

It does.

There are reasons for XSL over CSS, namely the need for
> transformations of some sort. http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS-vs-XSL

Good article... which basically says "Use CSS when you can, use XSL when you
must."
I don't believe that we MUST use XSL for this, when CSS can do the job well.

I also think that the RSS/Atom feeds should be WordPress branded, not theme
branded (yes, I'm aware theme developers could hack around this, but that's
not a bad thing).  It makes as a good Public Service Announcement from WP
about RSS/Atom.

- Lee Kelleher