[wp-hackers] Functions that generate html tags?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Apr 6 17:47:40 GMT 2006

Many of the template functions that we use will return plain text (e.g.,
  the_title, the_author, bloginfo, etc.). But some return HTML-tagged
content (e.g., wp_list_pages, wp_list_cats, wp_loginout, etc.)

Has anyone documented which functions generate HTML, along with what tag
structure they use? I did a quick Codex search, but nothing came up. I
think this would be a very useful reference for theme developers to have.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/