[wp-hackers] a plugin of a theme's own

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 22:33:56 GMT 2005

> In WordPress, as in other pluginophilic packages, it
> is up to the
> plugin authors to handle plugin-to-plugin
> incompatibilities. They can
> use coordination, documentation, option panels or
> conditional function
> declarations.
>
> In the interest of keeping the core light and fast,
> the options in the
> stock user interface minimal  and plugin authors
> responsible, I would
> let this very convenient new include stand like it
> is.
>
> Andy

OK. I just wanted to go over it because I thought it
might be a support issue in the future. But this
sounds right to me. Thanks for clarifying - I think it
was worth going over, at least it was to me!

I'm not seeing this ability documented anywhere
(http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development ?) so
I'll ask the doc people if it exists somewhere or
write it up.

- Trevor