[wp-hackers] Requesting a ban from #wordpress

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Fri Sep 16 17:28:34 GMT 2005

Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:11:47PM -0400, Owen Winkler wrote:
>>As a target of one of his tirades, I agree.  Some control has to be
>>maintained over the IRC channel.
>

> Why not just use one or both of these (works with ircII and I would think
> most other clients have an equivalent):
>
>     /ignore mindamp!*@* all
>     /ignore *!*@host-208-60-212-190.vista-express.com all
>
> If you only want to ignore his messages on the channel, use the message
> type of "public" instead of "all".
>
> This way you don't have to see the messages, and if enough people ignore
> him, he should start growing tired.

Many people seeking immediate assistance in #wordpress are not familiar
with IRC commands, and will not know how to do this on a regular basis.
 Plus, people asking for help shouldn't have to see mindamp's drivel to
begin with, as it might seriously turn them away from IRC support; which
would be a real shame, because the channel has been a high-quality
resource for a lot of people.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35