[wp-hackers] Disabling Feeds

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 21:20:44 GMT 2005

There appears to be an "is_feed" function, but I don't
know if you can use it in plugins. I'm guessing you
can, though...

http://boren.nu/archives/2004/10/16/templates-and-the-is-functions/

So, I'm thinking that setting 0 for the Options ->
Reading -> Syndication Feeds should "disable" your
feeds. Authenticating is another issue that I think
would have to be tackled with a plugin, as you
suggested.