[wp-hackers] phpsuexec and .htaccess

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Sun Sep 11 15:40:43 GMT 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:36:21PM +0100, Podz wrote:
> Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> >On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:16:39PM +0100, Podz wrote:
> >>BUT
> >>Urls that were like this:
> >>www.example.com/date/category/title
> >>become
> >>www.example.com/index.php/date/category/title
> >
> >Sounds like you put /index.php/ in the permalink structure in
> >your configuration.  You should leave it out.
>
> /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ breaks
>
> /index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ works

That sounds like the rewrite is not taking effect in your .htaccess
file at all.

Using the first permalink structure should work together with
the rewrite rule you posted, by redirecting the request through
index.php.

Of course, usually I've seen a two-liner, not just a single rule,
like this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php/$1 [L,QSA]

With a one-liner (the last line of the two), unless Apache had
some clever internal checking, you might end up in an infinite
rewrite loop, and (hopefully) trigger an error.

Regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>