[wp-hackers] phpsuexec and .htaccess

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sun Sep 11 13:16:39 GMT 2005

(Posted from forum)
Sorted - I think.

I had to use the reduced rewrite plugin by Ryan:
http://boren.nu/archives/2005/03/07/reduced-rewrite-plugin/

I haven't yet got a clean way of doing this as I was using a blog I
could wipe out, but I deleted everything, including the DB.
Reinstalled
Activated the plugin
Set the Rewrite rules I wanted
Put this single line into .htaccess
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /index.php/$1
and now I can create what I want.

BUT
Urls that were like this:
www.example.com/date/category/title
become
www.example.com/index.php/date/category/title
which when I have to migrate my blog, will break every post and comment

Not in forum.
Is this a host / phpsuexec / WP issue ? I'm not bothered about Google,
PR and that stuff, but someone who was would find this more than annoying.
Switching hosts is a possibility, but unless I know what the problem
was, what to ask for or about I could walk into the same situation.

P.