[wp-hackers] Separation of Application Logic from Presentation Logic; a big hack I made

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:07:01 GMT 2005

iirc, WordPress dropped support for smarty becuase it was a hassle to
maintain and seems to be slightly harder to explain, as well as lose
some customizability of themes. I think for a hosted WordPress
platform where you don't want PHP available in files, this might work,
but for a self hosted blog like the majority of WordPress' audience
its best to stick with PHP.

On 9/1/05, David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/09/05, Nathan Lamont <dr.forbin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I called my hack SmartyPress and have put it at
>
> Wow, awesome work! I hope something like this gets moved into the core
> soon. Although, I'm interested to hear justification on some of your
> design decisions; primarily why smarty was chosen instead of sticking
> with the PHP-based template-tag style templates WordPress already uses
> for themes?
>
> --
> -David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net

--Robert Deaton