Other Upload Types [was Re: [wp-hackers] svn / upload.php]

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:48:12 GMT 2005

On 10/26/05, Doug Stewart <dstewart at atl.lmco.com> wrote:
> How about we just let the blog owners specify their own supported file
> extensions like in previous versions?  What, pray tell, was wrong with
> that system?

Nobody said anything was wrong with it, but if you look from the eyes
of the average blogger, that system was severely lacking and had
little true purpose, whereas the capability to upload media into posts
is something that is highly, highly requested. Now, perhaps the old
uploading way should be included also for those who want it, the point
is the new way is an upgrade to an upld feature, not a drop of that
feature. You can still upload files, but like requested, you now
attach those files to posts, etc.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com