[wp-hackers] Developing plug-in for WP

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 01:34:19 GMT 2005

Yes, there are ways in 1.5 also to detect if rewrite rules are enabled
and, if so, add your rules to those also. Although I'm not totally
opposed making something like this a drop-in file, most people would
rather it be in the plugins directory. There are also other ways for
you to make the URI shorter, using things such as $_GET variables and
having your plugin output what it needs then die before themes are
run, that sort of stuff.

On 10/23/05, CaptSolo <captsolo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert - so it should be safe going the plugin way?
>
> On 10/23/05, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1.5 has the WP_Rewriter also, Andy.
> >
> > On 10/23/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Oops, I was referring to WP 1.6, in which WordPress handles rewrite
> > > internally. You might do better to keep your drop-in file model.

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com