[wp-hackers] Developing plug-in for WP

CaptSolo captsolo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:42:11 GMT 2005

I am developing a plugin to export SIOC meta-information [1] from a
WordPress blog.
This plugin would allow an RDF crawler to collect metadata about the
site and posts on it.

You may find the current version of the code at:
http://rdfs.org/sioc/wordpress

However, there is one issue that I hope to find help on this list:
The exporter currently is a standalone "drop-in" file and it works ok.
(Apart from being a beta)
But it is not a plugin and it would be nicer towards users if they
could just install the plugin.

Could you suggest how to convert the exporter into a WP plugin (if possible)?

Requirements:
 - it needs to be accessible at a new URL, separate from regular WP
urls (hence, i don't see how action hooks could help)
 - it needs to accept queries in the URL parameters (might be good to
use rewriting to make nice URLs later on)

[1] http://rdfs.org/sioc/

Thanks in advance,
Uldis Bojars

[ http://captsolo.net/info/ ]