[wp-hackers] The next release.

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sun Oct 23 01:25:27 GMT 2005

I have been here before:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2005-June/001428.html

As I understand it, there are database changes between 1.5.2 and the
next version. For this reason, once you have upgraded, then you are
stuck. Not a word many here will like, but it's a word people will use.

So far when releases have happened, it's been a devblog post with words
like "quicker" "more secure" "more features" and there might be a link
to a changelog.
Please can we have much more info about the next version including
warnings about the lack of reverse compatibility ? If someone starts
flipping out at the admin screens (sorry, 'when') all we can say is
words along the lines of "It'll grow on you". If this product is
considered to be significantly different to the current one - regardless
of whether it is better or not in some respects - then surely there is a
duty to tell users in detail about what the consequences are. It's not
enough to say "just like wordpress.com" (because it will not be).

I'm absolutely certain this is going to fall on deaf ears, and the least
time I posted it was pretty much ignored too.

P.