[wp-hackers] XHTML Strict compliant replacement for target=_new

Geoffrey Lane geoff at zorched.net
Fri Oct 21 21:45:18 GMT 2005

As an aside, I pretty much agree with you on the user choice side of
things. I just thought it would be interesting to have an XHTML
compliant way of doing it if someone wants to.

One nit-pick though.
XHTML and DOM are 2 independent standards. *HTML standards (and others)
are standards of markup that get represented in a browser/memory as DOM.
DOM allows the target tag, so it should be legal. I too think it's a
weird solution to the problem though.

Geoff Lane <geoff at zorched.net>