[wp-hackers] RSD ( SVN Checkin #3009 )

Phil Ringnalda philringnalda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 17:57:57 GMT 2005

Jason S wrote:
> Could someone give a summary of it's purpose (for use until the site
> comes up, and I can read the gory details to my heart's extent)?

The simplest way to think of it is that it's autodiscovery for
third-party editors: just like you can tell your RSS aggregator the URL
for the front page of a weblog and have it find the feed, RSD lets you
tell a desktop weblog editor the URL for your weblog, and it finds the
path to /xmlrpc.php.

At least in theory: I suspect that saying the charset of the RSD file is
the weblog's charset when in fact it's US-ASCII might be an interop problem.

Phil Ringnalda