[wp-hackers] Text Flow & Markdown

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue May 31 19:49:43 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've written an analysis explaining why it is so difficult to integrate
*correctly* an alternate syntax into WordPress. It's all done in the
perspective of Markdown. It explains all the workarounds I have to
implement to correct existing problems in the plugin.

I wrote this in part hopping it will inspire someone to improve the
text filtering system for WordPress. The current one is very powerful,
but in my experience it's a mess to work with.

If you read it, don't forget to take a glance at the text-flow diagram
I made. Here is the text:

<http://www.michelf.com/weblog/2005/wordpress-text-flow-vs-markdown/>

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com