[wp-hackers] Start of new themes page

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:42:00 GMT 2005

On 5/29/05, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Relle said:
> >The scrolling sideways It makes viewing awkward.
>
> In matters of taste, there is no arguing. There is only polling. I vote
> "COOL!!!"

As far as usability is concerned that sideways scrolling is a
nightmare, scroll down, then move your mouse to the left and then
scroll sideways (even worse as the majority of people won't have tilt
scrollwheels), not very intuitive at all and what purpose does it
actually serve to do it that way anyway?

Why not have smaller thumbs along with the name at the top and then
use something like http://twilightuniverse.com/2005/05/sack-of-ajax/
to change the theme displayed?

--
Jason Bainbridge