[wp-hackers] Strange file permissions

Sat May 28 17:48:16 GMT 2005

Thanks!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason A. Hoffman
  To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 7:41 AM
  Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Strange file permissions

  On May 27, 2005, at 1:11 PM, John Ha wrote:
    Hi,

    Not sure if it's Wordpress doing it, but my WP file permissions keep changing to 755 of their own accord, even after I've reset them to 644. It could be WP (1.5.1-RC-2.7182818), or it could be something else. I've searched through all the files in the distrib to find a chmod 755, but there is no reference to this. Only the WP .php files are affected (plugins included). Files unrelated to WP are not affected. I'm stumped as to what's doing this.

    And one more thing, I get an empty 'test' database appearing in my database every now and then. I'd drop it, then sometime later (not sure how long - days, months) it'd reappear.

    So far with these weird events, nothing bad has happened but I'd still like to know what's causing all this. Any insights would be great. Thanks!
    John Ha

  The first is because of the default umask that PHP/the server is running under.

  The test database is the first database that MySQL makes and by default everyone has permissions to touch and create a "test" database unless that permission is specifically removed.

  - Jason

Date: on 28 May 2005 at 17:48:18 UTC
To:   wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
: Ciphire has secured this email against identity theft.
: Free download at www.ciphire.com. The garbled lines
: below are the sender's verifiable digital signature.
00fAAAAAEAAADirphCDgUAAPoCAAIAAgACACAe5TcBbmIU6owNe1xZd/iId1LWxo
ic0s8JYnXeBrMqZgEAoH7uzw9IZPyJ563ZYHUtH1HUo9KSbjEaKJV3swG1Unp/0d
93pVEDDH1FRAvMT+7zbR59Kr6Jhf6r+trQeQ1Q4A==
------------------[ End Ciphire Signed Message ]----------------