[wp-hackers] Rewrite rules

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Sun May 22 23:53:09 GMT 2005

There's a fairly complex class to change the mod_rewrite rules. It looks
very interesting. And I'm sure it's quite powerful. Problem is... it's
rather hard to find the documentation I would need.

Basically, I'd like to do:

http://www.semiologic.com/feed/ returns latest posts rss
http://www.semiologic.com/feed/updates/ returns latest updates rss

>From the looks of the class, I imagine a hook can let me do this somehow.
Any lead to which one would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I bumped into a couple of search related permalink structures in the
.htaccess and in the rewrite class. Sadly though, get_search_permastruct()
is apparently only called within the rewrite class. Is there any
undocumented yet 'official' way to get:

http://www.semiologic.com/search/blahblah/

Without the need to check the permastruct each time?

D.