[wp-hackers] 1.5.2 or on to 1.6?

Stephen Sadowski stephen.sadowski at gmail.com
Sun May 22 03:47:17 GMT 2005

Everyone's got good ideas for both, why not do both? If Matt can find
someone he's willing to put in charge of maintaining the 1.5.x branch,
just for bug fixes and what not, while the core dev team moves on to
1.6, why not handle it that way?

Even if we move to 1.6, there will be need for immediate (And
semi-immediate) fixes to the 1.5 branch, which means someone will need
to babysit it. Personally, I'd like to see most of the guys working on
1.6, incorporating the community feedback about 1.5 to resolve major
issues and add in the things that were wanted for 1.5, but not really
ready yet.

As an aside, if we version bump it to .8, the fibinacci sequence is covered too!

Sorry if any and/or all of this is a rehash of what's been said, I
haven't really had time to read the 60 or 70 some-odd emails that you
guys have tossed at me since thursday!

-Stephen/twistedraisin