[wp-hackers] Proposed change in function the_ID()

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Thu May 19 23:44:10 GMT 2005

Achton N. Netherclift wrote:
> Robert Deaton wrote:
>> get_the_ID()
>>
> Oh. I see. This doesn't seem to be documented in the Codex.
> There's probably a good reason, but why the differing approaches (two
> functions as opposed to a modifier parameter)?

Well, it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. Meaning, whether it's done
via a function, or done via a parameter, the end result is pretty much
the same, and I doubt the code difference is much either.

Most functions that echo have a "get_" counter part, and those that
don't probably will in the future.

Jeff