[wp-hackers] OpenID

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Thu May 19 14:25:32 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:

> I thought I heard someone on IRC working on this today.  Who was that,
> and what were you planning?
>
> Owen

It's me, and I'm planning to make a PHP-based (and hence WP-pluggable)
server for that primarily (so you can put your blog address in OpenID
clients); perhaps a client too, but I can't imagine where anyone but the
blog author(s) would want to 'login' to WP. Perhaps it may save a
super-quick registration process if you only allow registered users to
comment.

It's also interesting as a commentor-id-authentication system (as in,
you are who you say you are), a weaker equivalent (because of it being a
non trust-based system) of PGP-signing things.

(Pardon the parenthetical overdose, it's early and I'm in no mood to
redo those sentences :)