[wp-hackers] feed:http://address problem

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed May 18 21:13:33 GMT 2005

Denis de Bernardy wrote:
> In any event, this leads me to suggest that many users click on the link and
> copy the resulting url in their address bar, and that standard or not, feed:
> should not be implemented in WordPress until IE handles it properly.

mailto: isn't handled by default unless there's a mail application
installed. Windows just happens to come with a mail application, and in
Longhorn it'll come with a feed application just like Tiger does today.
It has nothing to do with IE or Firefox, except you pointed out two
excellent points that shoudl be filed in Firefox's bugzilla, I'm sure
they can fix them by the next release.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org