[wp-hackers] Planet WordPress

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon May 2 14:49:13 GMT 2005

Denis de Bernardy wrote:
> As a WordPress user, I expect the dashboard to cover WordPress and blogging
> news. May I suggest to limit Planet WordPress feeds to those specific to
> WordPress or Blogging, e.g. like Owen's WordPress categories, rather than
> entire blog feeds? Alternatively, it would be nice if users could customize
> the feeds in the dashboard without hacking their WordPress install.

Planned for a future version, it was just hardcoded in 1.5 to give
people a taste.

> Additionally, I'd like to highlight that John's blogging pro feed is no
> longer in the Planet. It was one of the more relevant feeds when it came to
> covering WordPress and blogging news, so I presume this is just a mistake.

It'll be back in when he turns on full feeds.

> Lastly, it would be nice if there was an email or a submit feed form on
> Planet WordPress. It would make sense to add the WordPress and/or Blogging
> feeds of all WordPress theme and plugin developpers to the Planet.

Eventually it'll run reblog or feedwordpress or something to enable
content from any blog talking about WordPress, not just the devs.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com