[wp-hackers] 1.5.1: Important Bugs

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:00:46 GMT 2005

I'm double posting this to both the hackers and docs list. I'm not
sure if this is a documentation error on the codex, a bug in
WordPress, or both. My current guess is both.

According to the codex [1], If you supply a function to
add_submenu_page, that function would be called to display the content
and the plugin file would not be included for its page. From what I
can see after the past two hours of headaches surfing the source code,
the function is not called, and rather a hook is created with the
function name supplied. Not only that, but even if a function is
supplied, it still tries to include the page, because somewhere in the
get_plugin_page_hookname and get_plugin_page_hook there is a bug that
results in the hook not being returned, and thus the conditional on
line 46 of admin.php fails, which causes the file to be included.
Someone please, help out on this, its killing me.

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus#add_submenu_page.28.29

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:00:34 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> I think we took care of most of the bugs from the last list.  Time for a
> new list.
>
> Feeds:  (Here we have two different approaches to handling entities)
>
> 0000929: html entities should not appear in rss2 title
> http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=929
>
> 0001132: Pingbacks force RSS2 comment feeds to fail
> http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1132
>
> Pingback:
>
> 0001166: Pingbacks don't work with allow_url_fopen=Off
> http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1166
>
> 0001154: Pingbacks fail to send. IXR_error is "fault code: 3"
> http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1154

--Robert Deaton
http://anothersadsong.com